CPS Parent Groups
Connecting with other like-minded parents to learn about the CPS approach, support each other and share resources can be invaluable. In many instances, this alone, or in conjunction with additional training will provide sufficient support to enable parents to successfully implement the approach with their child.
If you are putting the Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) approach to use with your child/partner, want to talk about your challenges and successes or want to learn more about the approach, a parent support group can help answer questions, concerns and provide the support and understanding you need to help your child develop the skills they need to be successful. CPS Parent Groups are facilitated by individuals who are trained and certified by Think:Kids and, receive ongoing supervision from Think:Kids.
- Tustin, CA November 4 – December 2, 2017: 4-week Parent Support Group (skips November 25th) held on Saturdays at 10AM at 145 West Main St. Suite 260 in Tustin, CA. This group is facilitated by Debra Ann Afarian, Think:Kids CPS Certified, and costs $150 per person | $250 per couple. For more information or to register, call (714) 695-1057 or visit: www.HBCC.us
- Belmont, MA January 10 – January 31, 2018: 4-week Parent Overview Group held on Wednesdays at 10AM at The Loved Child, 173 Belmont St in Belmont, MA. This group is facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer, Karen Kraut, MPH and costs $190 per person. For more information or to register, call (617) 710-9300 or visit: www.betheparentboston.com
- Portland, OR November 6, 2017 – January 8, 2018: 8-week Parent Support Group held on Mondays (skips dates: 12/25/17 & 1/1/18) at 6:30PM at Restore Therapy, 1235 SE Morton in Portland, OR. This group is facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer, Ted Layman, LCSW, and costs $360 per person |$260 per person for couples. For more information or to register, call (503) 376- 7114, ext 6 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland, OR February 3 – March 24, 2018: 8-week Parent Support Group held on Saturdays at 9AM at Willamette Health & Wellness in Portland, OR. This group is facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer, Beth Putz, MA, and costs $240 per person |$400 per couple. For more information or to register, call (503) 729- 1380 or email: Info@whwpdx.com
- Toldeo, OR January 17 – February 7, 2018: 4-week Parent Support Group held on Wednesdays at 5:30PM. This group is facilitated by Signe Miller, Think:Kids CPS Certified. For more information or to register, call (541) 505-2511 or email: email@example.com
- Windsor, VT November 4, 2017: Parent Overview Group 9AM- 5PM – Mt. Ascutney Hospital & Health Center, 289 County Road. Facilitated by Jenifer Aldrich, Think:Kids CPS Certified. No fee, lunch provided. Childcare can be arranged by request. Contact: (802) 484-3344 firstname.lastname@example.org
*While group facilitators are officially certified by Think:Kids and receive ongoing supervision from Think:Kids, CPS parent groups are independent of Think:Kids/Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry. Information shared in these groups reflect the facilitator’s best understanding of the Collaborative Problem Solving approach.