CPS Parent Groups
Connecting with other like-minded parents to learn about the Collaborative Problem Solving® (CPS) approach, support each other and share resources can be invaluable. In many instances this alone or in conjunction with additional training will provide support to enable parents to successfully implement Collaborative Problem Solving with their child.
If you’re putting the CPS approach to use with your child/partner, want to talk about your challenges and successes, or want to learn more about the approach – a parent group in your community can help answer questions, concerns and provide the understanding you need to help your child develop the skills they need to be successful.
CPS Parent Groups are facilitated by individuals who are officially certified in the CPS approach, are professionally trained, and receive ongoing supervision from Think:Kids.
Upcoming CPS Parent Groups (Nationwide)
- Tustin, CA Ongoing Parent Support Groups held at various time throughout winter and spring at: 145 West Main St. Suite 260 in Tustin, CA. These groups are facilitated by Debra Ann Afarian, Think:Kids CPS Certified, and costs $150 per person | $250 per couple. For more information or to register for a group session, call (714) 695-1057 or visit: www.HBCC.us
- Check back for dates when a group will befacilitated by Divinna Schmitt M.Ed, Think:Kids CPS Certified. For more information or to register for a group session, please call (860) 876-0236 or email Divinna directly at: Divinna@comcast.net
- Cedar Rapids, IA June 18 – July 16 2018: 4-week Parent Support Group held on Mondays at 6PM at Tanager Place Mental Health Clinic in Cedar Rapids, IA. This group is facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer, Erin Forbes, LMSW. For more information call (319) 286-4545 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check back for dates when a group will be facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer – Karen Kraut, MPH and costs $250 per person. For more information or to register, call (617) 710-9300 or visit: BeTheParentBoston.com
- St, Helens, OR June 28 – August 19, 2018: 8-week Parent Support Group held on Thursdays at 9AM at GOBHI in St. Helens, OR. This group is facilitated by Think:Kids CPS Certified Trainer, Kate O’Kelley, MA. For more information call (503) 388-5612, or email: email@example.com
While Group facilitators are officially certified by Think:Kids and receive ongoing supervision from Think:Kids, CPS Parent Groups are independent of Think:Kids/Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry. Information shared in these groups reflect the facilitator’s best understanding and of the Collaborative Problem Solving approach.
Collaborative Problem Solving® is a registered trademark of the Massachusetts General Hospital.