Think:Kids offers a variety of training opportunities online, in the greater Boston area, and across North America throughout the year. Details on specific trainings are listed below, but please make sure to subscribe to our email list, become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to stay abreast of the latest training opportunities as they are announced. Think:Kids is a provider of CEU’s for psychologists, social workers, educators, and mental health counselors. Each training is approved for a set number of units.
We offer one-day introductory trainings throughout the course of the year. Our one-day introductory training provides a foundation for professionals and parents interested in learning Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. These introductory trainings serve as a prerequisite for our intensive training workshops for professionals and advanced trainings for parents.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Intensive Training Workshops
These two and half day trainings are intended for mental health clinicians and educators interested in becoming proficient in Collaborative Problem Solving, our evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. Completion of these trainings is a requirement of our professional certification program. Participants with prior exposure learn to advance their skills in applying the model through a combination of didactic lectures, role-playing, videotape examples, case presentations, and breakout groups with topics of specific interest to clinicians and educators. Participants receive personal attention and individualized feedback during breakout sessions from Think:Kids staff while also benefiting from opportunities for networking. Group discounts are available and continuing education credits are offered at no extra cost.
*Tier 1 and Tier 2 cannot be taken during the same summer or winter. A minimum of six months is required between Tier 1 and Tier 2 training so that participants have an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn.
Our next Intensive Training Workshops are scheduled for:
- Trauma-Informed Care: The Impact of Trauma on Brain Development and What to Do About it. Dr. Bruce Perry and Dr. Staurt Ablon will present in Boston, MA on March 27-28, 2014. Register here.
- Summer 2014 Tier 1 Intensive Training: July 21-23, 2014 in Boston, MA. Registration will be opening soon.
- Summer 2014 Tier 2 Intensive Training: August 7-9, 2014 in Boston, MA. Registration will be opening soon.
Think:Kids staff and certified trainers also provide intensive trainings in other locations throughout North America. See below for more information.
Case consultation for Tier 1 graduates is provided by Tier 2 graduates under the supervision of Think:Kids staff. For details on supervision please email us.
Our NEW ONLINE INTRODUCTORY TRAINING will be launching soon! Stay tuned!
For those who are unable to attend an introductory training in person, we also offer an online introductory training through a collaboration with Alliant University. Parents, clinicians and educators can access this training at any time from the convenience of their home or workplace. The training even covers the latest research on the model. The material is organized into primary topics and consists of a sequence of video segments covering all aspects of our model. You can go back and review the videos as much as you need to and there is no expiration date once you register.
*Please contact Eric Melendez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-457-1273 if you are having any issues registering or accessing the webinar.
International Conferences and Seminars
Think:Kids staff also present at conferences and professional development seminars across North America on a regular basis. Interested in having someone from Think:Kids speak to your group or organization? Just contact us here.
Here is a list of upcoming seminars. Contact information is provided for those that are open to the public. If you have a question about a particular training contact us.
- March 27-28, 2014: Dr. Bruce Perry and Dr. Stuart Ablon present Trauma-Informed Care: The Impact of Trauma on Brain Development and What to Do About it, Boston, MA. Register here. **Until February 28th use promo code EARLYBIRD for discounted rate!
- March 29th, 2014: Dr. Ablon to give a TEDx talk. Learn more here or register to attend here!
- July 21-23, 2014: Tier 1 Intensive Training in Boston, MA. Registration will be opening soon!
- August 6-8th: Tier 1 Intensive Training in Denver, CO featuring: Averi Schaubman, LCSW, Dr. Erica Stetson, PH.D., and Dr. Lisa Wolff, Psy.D. Register here or download the registration form here.
- August 7-9, 2014: Tier 2 Intensive Training in Boston, MA. Registration will be opening soon!